Securing media coverage can help startups land on the radar screen with new investors and customers, regardless of where they are located. It brings your message to a wider audience. But to be successful, you have to look good as a rock star, for example, and prove your quality.
I’m gonna trade this life
For fortune and fame
I’d even cut my hair
And change my name…
We have borrowed these Lyrics from Nickelback’s Rockstar.
Why media coverage is absolutely essential when you are building a business?
Securing media coverage can be a point in time of your business venture that means you will succeed or you will fail. Most start-ups that flopped have failed to secure sufficient media coverage early on.
For this purpose, articles are one of the best tools available. After all, 70% of consumers prefer to learn about a company through articles rather than advertising. Securing media coverage can help start-ups land on the radar screen with new investors and customers, no matter where they are located. It brings your message to a wider audience. But to be successful, you need to look good while remaining realistic. Bringing your message to a wider audience in a way that is more instructive than advertising and establishes you as an expert and thought leader in your industry. The only thing you need to know is what works when you write a story.
10 THINGS THAT WORK
- Keep the language simple and straight
- Always use pictures and other multimedia content
- Choose your publishing platform with your target audience in mind
- Use your website link where it is required in the story
- Use keywords in your story and have a convincing headline
- Concentrate on the quality of the write-up / Please check if your content meets any one of the following 3 criteria
Inspire your consumer emotionally, educate them with useful information, or entertain them.
If it meets one of these criteria, it is a well-designed article.
- Lead your readers to action (call to action email, social media share, contact number, brand website, etc.).
- Provide all the information you want to provide in a concise 800-word format. State your values.
- Use the URL of your published story on your Social Media Smartly.
- Use business pages/platforms wisely to communicate with your internal stakeholders such as employees, external stakeholders such as investors and readers in general for brand building. Market research reports, consumer surveys, brand launches, financial announcements etc. can be communicated directly to a relevant audience.
But remember being a rockstar is a very demanding job, it demands every minute to perfect to get that bull’s eye.